A brand new recipe from chef and author Mark Reinfeld – Superseed French Toast. Wake up and start an amazing day with this new recipe.
Serves 6-8 slices of bread
- 1 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, raw or toasted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw or toasted
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the dipping mixture ingredients ina bowl and whisk well. Place the super- seed crust ingredients in a food processor and process until well ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread in the dipping mixture until soaked through. Place on the plate with the superseed crust and coat both sides of the bread with the crust. Transfer to a parchment paper– lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 min- utes. Carefully flip and bake for an addi- tional 15 minutes before serving.
- Experiment with different types of bread.
- Replace the sunflower and pumpkin seeds with almonds and walnuts.
- Add 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut to the seed mixture.
If you love this recipe, why not try Raw Chocco Cherry Bombs
For even more inspiration, Mark’s latest recipe book is out now.