We are looking for incredibly talented, multi-skilled filmmakers who can create inspiring and beautiful films focused on a range of topics and which can hold their own amongst a vast ocean of content!
We would like to hear from filmmakers who want to work across online & broadcast in the UK and globally, and who would love the chance to become part of our team, working on both brand and documentary style projects, whilst also making a difference.
If you’re a creative filmmaker with a track record in broadcast production, either working with brands or on TV/films, and can demonstrate shooting and editing skills, whilst also enjoying the wider production process from creative development to delivery, this role is for you!
This is an exciting hands-on and client-facing role. You’ll be part of a team helping to develop ideas, shooting and editing a wide range of original video content ranging from short stories to interviews to long-form documentaries.
The successful candidate will not only be highly creative but also a brilliant camera op / DoP and proficient editor. The filmmaker will be able to operate different types of camera equipment, as well as suggesting specific equipment and lighting to use, particularly if it adds to production value. The role spans a multitude of shooting styles and genres.
Oh, and we only hire nice people – with a passion for ethical living and veganism – and absolutely no ego is allowed, well unless you win a BAFTA or Academy Award and we’ll allow a little 🙂
Key responsibilities and person specification:
- Working with the team to shoot and edit innovative content for clients in the UK and globally.
- Developing, shooting and editing innovative, fresh and creative videos for Planet Shine.
- Proactively pitching branded video and broadcast concepts to clients.
- Implementing best practice to consistently deliver content to the highest possible quality.
- Working with freelance filmmakers to ensure high quality is maintained for every production and files are set up in a coherent way.
- Working with our clients at various stages (from hearing the brief first-hand, to understanding amends at rough cut).
- Jumping into other projects to make amends and alterations where necessary.
- Experimenting with new camera tech, software and shooting techniques that our clients can benefit from.
- Experience of drone filming would be great!
- A desire to be on our journey as we look to expand in the UK and globally.
- Self starter who is proactive and creative.
- Other skill sets such as After Effects are a must have.
- Very clear understanding of what branded video content is and how to build brand stories.
- Experienced and comfortable liaising with internal and external teams.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Clear understanding of current online video and wider market trends.
- Understanding of social media, content marketing and SEO.
- An awareness of sustainability best practices in media and film.
Must have full driving license and passport, and be willing to travel throughout the UK and the rest of the world.
Applicants must submit a letter detailing their suitability for the post, a CV, broadcast credits and a showreel (as well as a description of the work in the reel and what roles the applicant played) or individual examples of the work that you’re most proud of.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 December 2019.